Who are Recovery Support Specialists?
Recovery Support Specialists offer a unique insight and a valuable perspective in addition to the traditional clinical approach. Having guidance and support from someone who’s “been there” is what many people value most about Recovery Support Services. Recovery Support Specialists serve not only as trained mentors but also as sources of hope and inspiration to people who are just beginning their journey.
RSS services are used in addition to traditional mental health and drug & alcohol treatment, and are meant to assist those throughout the recovery process.
AN RSS IS:
- A Motivator
- A Mentor & Guide
- An Advocate
- A Resource
AN RSS IS NOT:
- A Sponsor
- A Counselor
- A Priest or Pastor
- A Therapist
RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALISTS SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Assistance accessing various community resources such as education, housing, transportation, recovery networking
- Guidance on the recovery process and developing an individualized Recovery Plan
- Assistance in building and developing life skills
- Introducing and engaging individuals in recovery
- Providing support before, during and after treatment
- Outreach for individuals in early recovery
- Promoting independence
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF RECOVERY SUPPORT SERVICES?
- To provide opportunities for individulals to control their own recovery
- To teach and support the learning of skills needed to facilitate one’s recovery
- To provide individuals with information on available services and choices
- To help individuals develop a sense of wellness and self-worth
- To bring a unique perspective to the treatment teams that they participate in.
Call us at 815-872-2943 or fill out the form below and we will reach out to you privately.