Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Every Monday at Arukah: 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
DBT Skills training is a weekly group, which teaches skills across four main topics:
The objectives for DBT Skills Training are to learn how to change your own behaviors, emotions, and thoughts that are linked to problems in living and are causing misery and distress.
ARE THE MEETINGS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC?
This evidenced based program is a closed group, meaning individuals cannot just show up or come and go as they please. Intake needs to be scheduled and completed prior to start. The program opens up for new individuals for two weeks of Mindfulness/Orientation, then closes during the various modules which last between five and seven weeks. This group is limited to 10 group members.
WHO ARE THE LEADERS OF THIS PROGRAM?
There are two leaders in the group, Stephen Christopherson (LCSW & CADC) and Jordan Bopes (MSW).
DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING TO THE MEETINGS?
Group members are provided with binders containing the information learned in group, including examples of various skills to practice, as well as handouts to work on between sessions.
BEHAVIORS TO DECREASE
- Mindlessness; emptiness; being out of touch with self and others; judgmentalness.
- Interpersonal conflict and stress; loneliness.
- Absence of flexibility; difficulties with change.
- Up-and-down and extreme emotions; mood-dependent behavior; difficulties in regulating emotions.
- Impulsive behaviors; acting without thinking; difficulties accepting reality as it is; willfulness; addiction.
SKILLS TO INCREASE
- Mindfulness skills.
- Interpersonal effectiveness skills.
- Emotion regulation skills.
- Distress tolerance skills.
The cost for this program is FREE
contact us today
Arukah brings accessible & relational holistic complementary health and mental health care to rural communities
1916 North Main St., Suite 3
Princeton, Illinois 61356
Open Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
Transactions on this website are being processed securely by one of the most trusted names in the payments industry.