- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
August 17 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
COME TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS FREE TRAINING OPPORTUNITY to learn how to respond to youth struggling with a mental health or substance use problem!
DATES: Saturday, August 10, 8am-12pm AND Saturday, August 17, 8am-12pm
LOCATION: Cornerstone Community Wellness, Sheffield, IL
WHY YMHFA? Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives adults who work with youth the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support to adolescents (ages 12-18) who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
WHO SHOULD TAKE IT?
• School staff
• Camp counselors
• Youth group leaders
• People who work with youth
WHAT IT COVERS:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illnesses in this age group, including:
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
- How to interact with an adolescent in crisis.
- How to connect the adolescent with help.
REGISTER: Email Elizabeth Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-454-8020 by July 31st.