- This event has passed.
Teen Groups at Second Story: Working through anxiety, stress & depression
February 8 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:00-9:00pm | Meets at Second Story Teen Center
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information
Description: This group will help teens understand the natural emotional volatility within their bodies, learn to recognize their responses/reaction to emotions, and teach them ways to manage emotions in a healthy manner. Teens will understand feelings, attitudes and behaviors associated with anxiety, stress and depression, and how to cope and reduce negative effects of these conditions. The group format helps to build camaraderie and encouragement for teens as they discover they are not alone. Teens can expect to gain coping skills and a more hopeful perception of their situation, as well as form lasting, healthy relationships with peers.
- Questions about the group? Contact Jamie Taylor at email@example.com.
- Cost is FREE | Facilitated by trained professionals.
- Groups appropriate for grades 7th through 12th.
- Group will be limited to a maximum of 15 people.
- Register by calling the Arukah Institute at 815-872-2943 or by talking to Jeff & Dana VanAutreve at Second Story
- Would you like to donate towards this program? Donations enable us to keep this as a free service for teens. Please call 815-872-2943